Do I need SpamAssassin?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 8 21:59:49 IST 2003

At 21:06 08/05/2003, you wrote:
>Finally, a question about performance. If I have an MTA box in a DMZ
>running Bind and Sendmail (sending and receiving mail on the internet)
>and the load is really light (we average about 5.000 messages/day) would
>a similar box be sufficient for MS, SA and anti-virus scanning to be
>placed between the MTA and Exchange? The box I'm referring to is a Sun
>Fire V120 with 550 MHz UltraSparc-II and 512 MB RAM. Will I need more
>CPU and/or RAM?

I have a SunFire V120 with 2GB RAM on order at the moment at work. Not sure
when it is going to be delivered but no-one will notice if I hijack it to
setup a speed test on it.

I'll use a sendmail setup probably with SuperSafe=False, otherwise sendmail
crawls. I'll put Sophos on it for the virus scanning. I will let the list
know how many messages per day it should be able to handle.
--
Julian Field