FW: FW: Spamassassin only

Paul Hamilton paul.hamilton at sme-ecom.co.uk
Wed May 7 22:21:05 IST 2003

Please ignore our last message, we have now seen RBL entries in our
logs and assume that SA reads from RBL's spam.lists.conf.
Hands up, were dumb!!

Julian,

This is no doubt a dumb question but where within its config
does SA determine which RBL lists to use, do we need to
specify them somewhere?

By removing the RBL's from "Spam List =" in MS, should we see the
RBL checking appear in our logs, when SA performs them?

Paul H.

At 20:51 07/05/2003, you wrote:
>Julian,
>
>Our ms.conf setup is a follows:
>
># Spam Detection and Spam Lists (DNS blocklists)
># ----------------------------------------------
>#
>
># Do you want to check messages to see if they are spam?
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>Spam Checks = yes
>
># This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
># See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
># you can put here.
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>Spam List = ORDB-RBL spamcop.net Infinite-Monkeys osirusoft.com
>
># This is the list of spam domain blacklists which you are using
># (such as the "rfc-ignorant" domains). See the "Spam List Definitions"
># file for more information about what you can put here.
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>Spam Domain List =
>
>We have got "# skip_rbl_checks 0" in our spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
>If we remove the RBL's from the MS.conf we do not see any reference
>in our logs to RBL checking.
>
>We only want Spamassassin to do the spam detection through RBL's
>and others, we ideally do not want MS to any spam checking
>so we can truly separate the two services - is this possible?

Just set
Spam List =
and it won't do any RBL checking itself.

--
Julian Field