when is Bayes scoring used?

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Wed May 7 14:48:12 IST 2003

Dene,

How about trying this:

'sa-learn -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --rebuild'

Does this show anything different? Also, have you set 'bayes_path' in any of
the prefs files?

Kind regards,
Steve
--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager

> Sent:         Wednesday, May 7, 2003 2:41 PM
> To:   MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
> Subject:      Re: when is Bayes scoring used?
>
> Julian-
>
> there was a message that I sent yesterday (clipped it out of last email to
> list) that showed the complete output of the command "sa-learn -D
> --rebuild". That's how I know the system says there are "Only 87 spam(s)
> in
> Bayes_db < 200".
>
> I cannot figure out why the learn.spam.log is always counting "learned
> from" messages but it is not increasing the number when I run the
> "sa-learn
> -D --rebuild".
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dene
>

> At 01:50 PM 5/7/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >At 13:32 07/05/2003, you wrote:
> >>OK - this is really getting a little confusing...
> >>
> >>I checked my "learn.spam.log" this morning and a found the following
> entries:
> >>
> >>Wed May 7 00:01:01 EDT 2003
> >>Learned from 4 messages.
> >>Learned from 1 messages.
> >>Wed May 7 01:01:01 EDT 2003
> >>
> >>The problem is that when I run sa-learn -D --rebuild I still get the
> >>message that says:
> >>Only 87 spam(s) in Bayes_db < 200
> >>(it should be AT LEAST the 87 form yesterday plus the ones listed above
> -
> >>right?)
> >>
> >>Can anyone tell me how to fix this? The Bayes files on
> /root/.spamassassin
> >>are all being updated multiple times per day so I know it is working,
> >>unless of course the sa-learn command is reading Bayes info from another
> >>directory that really DOES only have 87 spam(s).
> >>
> >>Is there a way to run sa-learn and have it tell you the path that it is
> >>reading the Bayes info from?
> >
> >Have you tried
> >         sa-learn -D
> >? I just ran "sa-learn" on its own and it prints the usage for you.
> >

> >>Thank for any assistance.

> that

> >--
> >Julian Field
> >www.MailScanner.info
> >MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support

the system manager.

www.lbsltd.co.uk