Use of DCC Clarification

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Wed May 7 01:54:28 IST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Desai, Jason wrote:

> I had to make sure that dccproc was in the path.  MailScanner's path does
> not include /usr/local/bin (where dcc was installed by default for me), so I
> created a symbolic link.
>
> ls -al /usr/bin/dccproc
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           22 Apr 16 11:33 /usr/bin/dccproc ->
> /usr/local/bin/dccproc
>
> Then dcc started working for me.
>
> Jason

Another list member sent me a note saying that he added the line

dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc

to spam.assassin.prefs.conf and DCC check started to work.  I tried it and
sure enough DCC is now operational.

Perhaps this should be added to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file instead
of the "score dcc" line that's in there now???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer