Outlook Express and headers

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Fri May 2 20:41:50 IST 2003

Hi all,
        I'm sure it's pretty well understood by now how bad OE is as a client,
but in a largish institution we are stuck with it.  That said, here is
what I am facing:

        Since OE has NO reasonable ability to filter on message headers, I have
been asked to look into solutions to modify how mail gets tagged for
spam.  Right now we tag in the headers with the report and the "s"'s,
but do not modify the subject line.  Users can then filter to their
hearts content... unless they have OE.

        The proposal to modify the subject line has been rejected and the
request to modify the body has been put forth.  Preferable at the end.

        I am not asking that this be a feature is MS.  I don't think Julian
should waste his time to modify perfectly good code just becuase
Micro$oft wants to cr at p on it's users....  (rage subsiding now)

        As you can tell I'm NOT fond of this idea, but does anyone have any
input into how I can go about this? Or at least a REALLY good arguement
against it?  Otherwise I have to figure this out.

--
TJ Du Vally