KavDaemonClient (Was Re: F-Secure 4.50 not supported)

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET
Fri May 2 14:34:54 IST 2003

Kt, 2003-05-01 17:04, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:

> It works with eicar.co.rar, but eicar.co, attached as a text file (maybe
> that is a problem?):

> is still attached in a message received by user, although the message
> text says "This message has had one or more attachments removed".

If I use kaspersky instead of kavdaemonclient it works OK.
I found some differences in messages sent by MailScanner to virus
sender and admin:

*kavdaemonclient*:

1. Any infected parts of the message (eicar.co     infected:
EICAR-Test-File)
have not been delivered.

Report: Found viruses: eicar.co infected: EICAR-Test-File

to admin -
Report: Found viruses: ./h42DLqx01617/eicar.co      infected:
EICAR-Test-File

2. Any infected parts of the message (eicar.co.rar)
have not been delivered.

Report: eicar.co.rar/eicar.co   infected: EICAR-Test-File

to admin -
Report: ./h42DN8x01661/eicar.co.rar/eicar.co        infected:
EICAR-Test-File

*kaspersky*:

3. Any infected parts of the message (eicar.co)
have not been delivered.

Report: eicar.co infected: EICAR-Test-File

to admin -
Report: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/1265/h42CiiT01291/eicar.co
infected: EICAR-Test-File

In messages 2 and 3 there was VirusWarning.txt attached, message 1 had
still eicar.co attached. There are some differences in all 3 messages,
and there is a TAB between 'eicar.co' and 'infected:' in kavdaemonclient
messages. In the 1st (bad) case there is "Found viruses:" after
"Report:".

Regards,
Nerijus