Inline Signature Query

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 1 17:13:28 IST 2003

At 17:08 01/05/2003, you wrote:
>At 15.38 01/05/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>>Thats the way we do it, would you mind posting an example of how you're
>>trying to do it so we can see what might be wrong with your
>>syntax.  (extract from MailScanner.conf & the rules file)
>
>I finally got it working - there was a typo in my config! (not the first
>time or the last)
>
>However I am getting this error in the maillog:
>May  1 17:00:30 camelot MailScanner[28403]: Could not open inline file
>/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/inline.sig.txt, No such file or directory
>
>There is no reference anywhere to that file in the MailScanner.conf - so
>what is it trying to do?

You've hit a little bug I only discovered a few days ago. You possibly
don't have a "default" value set in the rules file. Make sure you have a
default value of the type
FromOrTo: default       filename-goes-here
You may be able to leave the "filename-goes-here" completely blank, but you
do need a "default" line. The inbuilt default default values have the wrong
paths in them in some systems.

This is fixed in the next release. But it's still always a very good idea
to set the default value yourself anyway, as you would have to dig in the
code to see what default value is used if you don't set one.
--
Julian Field