Sophos, SAVI, etc.

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Fri Mar 28 13:15:15 GMT 2003

Hello all (or possibly mainly Julian)...

Any thoughts on the SAVI::Perl module?

http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PH/PHENSON/SAVI-Perl-0.05.readme
(newer version doesn't appear to be on CPAN, and I can't
reach search.cpan.org at the moment):
http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/www/projects/SAVI-Perl/dist/

I just thought it might be a (tiny) bit faster, if available, than calling 'sweep', as I presume MS does at the moment on a batch of messages?

And also considering MS respawning itself on a regular basis, the virus signatures would also be renewed without intervention (as opposed to say daemonized things like Sophie of which I know you don't approve)...