Sendmail

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Fri Mar 28 09:53:27 GMT 2003

I had the same problem. I traced it back to an update that was installed
last week when running RedHat up2date.

Every server that ran up2date and was updated appeared to be down from the
internet. The server would be fine when looking at if from the console.

Rebooting fixed the problem (are they copycatting from Micro$oft at
RedHat??)

Had identical problems with RedHat 8 servers. SSH stopped working, as did
sendmail, POP3, IMAP and some other services.

Remco

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Mozzi wrote:

> Hi all
> I suddenly got a problem here
> I run Red Hat 7.3 -All paches
> With sendmail Standard install
>
> I get this when telneting to localhost
> telnet localhost 25
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
>
> >From othr hosts I can telnet in
> I checked where it is listening and got this
> tcp        0      0 192.168.1.1:25        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
>
> Tnx
>
> Mozzi

believed to be clean.