confirming SPAM

Dene Ulmschneider dene at DATATECHIE.COM
Fri Mar 28 02:52:05 GMT 2003

Thanks for the input Julian.

I have MailScanner working and it is bouncing all spam it finds as well as
forwarding it to me as the system admin.

I have gotten Razor2 installed and working. I have successfully registered
on the network. I am having difficulty with two issues:

>Also, using the new Bayes engine in SpamAssassin 2.51 (but I would advise
>you to wait for 2.52 release), the anti-spam engine will learn about spam
>messages that it got wrong by your users feeding back the spam into the
>engine. I have 2 addresses here, "spam" and "notspam", which users bounce
>mail to when the spam engine gets it wrong. So its performance improves
>with time as it learns lots of new spam.

1- You mentioned that you have 2 addresses setup for reporting spam called
"spam" and "notspam". I have not found any documentation on how to
accomplish this. Do you know where I can find documentation? I would like
to make it as easy as possible for Windows users to be able to report spam
and forwarding any incorrect messages to an email address would make it a
snap (needless to say that I don't want them forwarding to my address).

2- I have SpamAssassin working with MailScanner and have not seen any
settings or configs for Bayes. How do I turn it on or set it up?

Thanks for any assistance or info.

Dene Ulmschneider
Data Techie Inc.
office:         718.738.8859
cell:           646.996.2976
email:          dene at datatechie.com
pager mail:     denenow at datatechie.com
website:        www.datatechie.com
"Life is too short...-...you  should have dessert first"

content by Data Techie, and is believed to be clean.
Data Techie... always there to protect you!
http://www.datatechie.com