Ruleset for Silent Viruses

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Mar 24 16:01:37 GMT 2003

John,

I have the following:

# grep rules/viruses.to.delete.conf MailScanner.conf
Silent Viruses = /etc/MailScanner/rules/viruses.to.delete.conf
# cat rules/viruses.to.delete.conf
FromorTo: default W32/Klez W32/Yaha W32/Bugbear at MM W32/Braid W32/Korvar W32/Sobig W32/Lirva W32/Avril W32/Ganda

There is really no need for a rules file (as I did).  The simplest thing
to do is to define the following in MailScanner.conf (all on the same
line):
Silent Viruses = W32/Klez W32/Yaha W32/Bugbear at MM W32/Braid W32/Korvar W32/Sobig W32/Lirva W32/Avril W32/Ganda

--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.