postfix compatability?

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 24 15:01:14 GMT 2003

Hello all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-958 8353 / Fax: 0207- 636 9838

>>> ms at MLSIS.CO.UK 23/03/03 21:51:35 >>>
>But the main problem im getting at the moment is the mailscanner startup
>script, which is trying to start sendmail instead of postfix and is
>passing options to it that postfix dosn't reconise :(
>it is also aparently (i may be misreading the code here) trying to start
>2 instances of sendmail :(
>how have you edited the start script for mailscanner for use with
>postfix?

I'm assuming you meant the /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner script
(or wherever it may reside)... personally I edited it to remove the
'StartInSendmail' call from the 'start' case bit, and similarly elsewhere, so the MailScanner startup script didn't actually stop/start Postfix at all...

There is probably a way of making it a bit more transparent, based around RedHat's (for example) mail switch wrapper stuff to allow Postfix & Sendmail to co-exist on a box but be switched around, but for me it was quicker to do the above.

I also noticed that you have to remove the chroot bit in master.cf to get the filter script to work fine... with a bit more time it would probably be nice to fiddle it to work with the content_filter thing (just a change in master.cf, I think)...

Having written the above, when I switched my main load of traffic here over to Postfix & MailScanner, something went horribly wrong that didn't show in the small user-set I was testing with before, so I switched it back in panic...