ip addresses in whitelist are still being blocked

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Mar 24 14:38:16 GMT 2003

> Thank you so much for your help! I made the change in the
> configuration file
> for mailstats, and emptied out the entries from the access
> database, then
> ran the makemap. I looked at my mailstats page and it still says 44
> addresses are blocked. That number is down considerably, but
> it's still
> there. I double checked the sendmail access file, and that's
> still empty.
> Any ideas as to why there are still some blocked IP's?

I found that mailstats reports as 'blocked' any IP that it would block, were blocking turned on, even when blocking it turned off.  I presume this is still the same in the latest version.  (You might like to check your access file hasn't changed just to be sure!).  My, (ahem) fix for this was to edit mailstats.pl to change the work 'blocked' to 'blockable' (just to not alarm other people who were looking at it!).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.