Restart Every = 14400 # 4 hours - MailScanner on Cobalt RaQ4

Rishi Gangoly - User Groups usergroups at THEARGONCOMPANY.COM
Wed Mar 19 11:21:58 GMT 2003

Hi

I am using the following on my Cobalt RaQ4 server
- sendmail-8.10.2-C1sol1
- mailscanner-3.22-10

I keep getting a "User Unknown" bounce error message for random valid users
on a daily basis.

This has been happening for a while and I suspect the problem is because of
this setting in the mailscanner.conf file.
# To avoid resource leaks, re-start periodically.
Restart Every = 14400 # 4 hours

Has anyone faced similar problems? If yes does the latest 3.x version of
mailscanner solve this problem?

Regards

Rishi