Messages Waiting Incoming queue

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Tue Mar 18 16:22:07 GMT 2003

The response is: "failed to open msglog file for <message ID>: No such
file or directory."

Same response to: exim -C /etc/exim/exim_send.conf -Mvl <messageID>

It seems to me mailscanner isn't attempting to process these queued
messages.  I expect on start mailscanner queries the incoming directory
for messages to scan.  Either this is not happening or there is a
condition on these files/messages that's causing mailscanner to ignore
them. Is there a short list of possibilities somewhere?

Is there a way to manually invoke mailscanner with the messageID as an
argument to see the specific error message? I've looked in the log files
and haven't seen anything unusual around time of delivery.  Maybe I'll
redirect incoming and restart to capture any log info.

Also, I've search my inbox and these messages definitely did not get
delivered.

Thanks for the response.

Scott