(Fwd) Spamassassin Configuration Generator (BETA) - RE: [SAtal

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Tue Mar 18 14:22:17 GMT 2003

FYI,

I thought this could be interesting to MS users... and maybe someone is
willing to do something similar for the MS config files...

From:           "Michael Moncur" <mgm at starlingtech.com>
To:             "Justin Mason" <jm at jmason.org>,
        <spamassassin-talk at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:        Spamassassin Configuration Generator (BETA) - RE: [SAtalk] a config script
Sender:         spamassassin-talk-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
Date:           Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:34:57 -0700

OK, here's my first attempt at an online configurator for SpamAssassin 2.5x.
You specify the options in the online form, and the result is a commented
local.cf file that you can download and drop into your SpamAssassin
installation.

http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig.php

Please try it and take a look - I can't guarantee the settings are 100%
right but I believe they are.

It includes the basic options like required_hits, rewrite_subject,
report_safe, Bayes and auto-learning, enable or disable
RBLs/Razor/DCC/Pyzor, and ok_languages / ok_locales.

Things I might add/change in future versions:
 - Enable/disable or change scores for specific RBLs?
 - Support for more settings?
 - Maybe split it into multiple pages, or advanced/beginner modes with
more/less settings?
 - Pare down the ok_languages list to common options or make a better
interface for it?

Let me know what you think.

--
Michael Moncur  mgm at starlingtech.com  http://www.starlingtech.com/
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." --Marshall McLuhan

Mariano Absatz
El Baby