sophos 3.67 and wrapper script

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 20:24:17 GMT 2003

You will need the scripts out of the version 4 distribution, which I have
attached for you.
You may need to tweak the paths at the top of them a bit.

By the way, there are *major* performance problems with Sophos 3.67. It
takes 3 times longer to start up than previous versions. Please lodge a
complaint with Sophos tech support, so that they get their lousy new code
fixed. The new 3.67 using the old (fast) engine is available, it is the
"XRS" version. If you don't have these on your CD from Sophos, contact
their tech support and ask where you can download them from.

Their new engine is appallingly slow to start up, and the more people that
complain about it, the greater chance of them actually fixing it.