Beta test please

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 14:52:02 GMT 2003

At 14:15 17/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > >Does this mean the translations will need updating or have you improved
> > >all the translations too? ;-)
>
> > Thanks folks!
> > BTW I have fixed the remaining problems with SpamAssassin 2.50 as well.
>
>Any version we could test yet ? :)

Sure. Beta version 4.14-5 is posted on the web site.
This email is intentionally not billed as an announcement, I don't want
everyone running this.

The only RPM I have changed is the mailscanner rpm itself.
The ChangeLog currently looks like this:

* New Features and Improvements *
- Signed and/or encrypted messages can now be signed without breaking the
   PGP/GPG signed portion of the message.
- Improved OpenBSD installation and upgrading instructions.
- Added check of location of all required system commands.
- Improved wording of message to spam senders.
- Increased max size of messages sent to SpamAssassin.
   Spam messages are getting bigger.
- All variables in the supplied conf file are now set to something, even if
   just a blank value. This will make upgrade_MailScanner_conf work better.

* Fixes *
- Fixed important bug in filename checking code causing it not to check
   long filenames properly.
- Changed setuid/setgid code so taint mode is not switched on.
- Fixed various other issues kindly brought to my attention by Tony Finch
   at Cambridge Univ.
- Fixed problem with deleting recipients from messages with Exim.
- Fixed problem with headers being passed to SpamAssassin from Exim
incorrectly.
- Fixed problem when running internal TNEF decoder.
- Fixed locking problems when SpamAssassin 2.50 times out.

--
Julian Field