About some Rules on SpamAssassin...

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon Mar 17 12:24:25 GMT 2003

Interesting setting. We are getting loads and loads of spam crap in
chinese, although nobody speaks chinese here.

Would setting
ok_languages en
block all messages in chinese? We do get some legitimate e-mail from china
which will cause the e-mails that are replied on to contain some chinese
characters but the majority of characters will be english.

Would that setting block everything even with one or 2 characters in it or
only mail that contains only chinese?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> I have removed ok_languages. We're probably better off without it at all.
> Thanks for letting me know.
>
> At 08:11 17/03/2003, you wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know if I'm asking in the wrong places, but this is happenning
> > > all the time and very annoying.
> > > Our Organization use Chinese More often then english and SpamAssassin
> > > always think that the mail is spam and it score very high. Most of the
> > > time, Mail sent by Outlook express will be marked as Spam, no mather
> > > they are from a MaxOs or from Windows.
> >
> >I think you need the following in spam.assassin.prefs.conf...
> >
> >ok_languages en zh
> >ok_locales en zh
> >
> >NOTE: ok_locales en is already specified in spam.assassing.prefs.conf, so
> >you'll need to find and change that line.  ok_languages is not in there
> >are the default is to allow all languages - so you might just omit it
> >anyway.  If you're really having problems omit/comment out ok_languages
> >and ok_locales to let everything through without perfoming any of these
> >language/ locale checks.
> >If that doesn't work you could also assign a zero score to those tests
> >which are causing false positives for you.  e.g. (I'm guessing you might
> >see this one quite a bit...)
> >score   SUBJ_FULL_OF_8BITS      0
> >
> >(CHARSET_FARAWAY and CHARSET_FARAWAY_HEADERS should both be sorted by
> >changing ok_locales)
> >
> >more info... http://www.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
> >

> >BMRB International
> >http://www.bmrb.co.uk
> >+44 (0)20 8566 5000
> >This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
> >recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> >material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
> >sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
> >or other action taken in respect of this email or in
> >reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
> >accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
> >content of any email which does not directly relate to our
> >business.
>
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info