Delivery of Spam to alternate location?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Mar 15 01:07:38 GMT 2003

> Julian,
>
> I see that Action, but unless I'm mistaken, mail would be forwarded to
> a specified email address.  Rather than that, I'm looking for a way of
> sending the Spam to an alternative mail server, keeping the
> destination
> address intact or modifying it in a specific way.

Off the top of my head here's an idea that _might_ work (assuming you
don't quarantine virus mails).
set Spam Actions = store (and High Scoring Spam Actions = store).  Make
sure   Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes.  Then run a
seperate sendmail process which just runs the 'queue' in the quarantine
directory using a different sendmail.cf with a smarthost specified which
all mail should be forwarded to.

I suppose if you're quarantining viruses you may be able to do some
filtering by subject (look for {Virus?}) using a procmail rule perhaps
on the destination machine (quarantining them there instead).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.