Stupid luser

Ed Tate etate01 at sun.hazelwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Mar 13 00:32:28 GMT 2003

Having called Missouri "home" for the last 25 years, I think that I can shed
some light on where we are and what the "luser" is referring to.

Sales people selling everything from insurance to light bulbs bug us
Americans by calling us at dinner time.  Missouri has a great no-call list
that you sign up for and it imposes fines on these guys if they call you and
you're on the list.  This is run by the attorney general's office in the
state capitol.  It works fantastic and the entire United States is
considering such a law.

A legislator and the attorney general have teamed up to introduce a similar
bill except for spam.  Notice what's important in the first link below.
Hint - it's not the proposed legislation.  The second link gives the
progress of the bill - it isn't official yet but it is moving through the
legislative process so it might actually make it to a law.  Enforcement
should be interesting.

http://www.senate.state.mo.us/03INFO/bills/SB010.htm

http://www.ago.state.mo.us/photogallery/2002/spamlegislation102102.htm

This next link gives you some information about Missouri.  And you were
right - it's almost smack in the middle of the United States.  It's a
beautiful state, relatively mild weather in comparison, but we do seem to
have more than our share of "lusers".

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=761563653

Ed Tate (etate01 at hazelwoodschools.org)
Coordinator of Technology Support