Problems with outgoing mail being detected as spam

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Mar 11 16:15:46 GMT 2003

Hi Jeff,

> As you suggested, I listed my mailserver first in the list
> and outgoing mail is still being detected as spam. So I need
> to "turn on" the autowhitelist?

No this has nothing to do with autowhitelisting. Are you by any chance
running exim? There was a bug in MailScanner (at least in 4.13-3) which
would explain exactly this behavior (at least when using domain names).

> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules:
>
> # This is where you can build a Spam WhiteList
> # Addresses matching in here, with the value
> # "yes" will never be marked as spam.
> #From:   152.78.        yes
> #From:  130.246.        yes
> FromTo: default         no