updated sendmail, now MailScanner isn't catching viruses

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at MAIL.WINNEFOX.ORG
Mon Mar 10 14:10:07 GMT 2003

> How about some more detailed info? How did you discover that it is not
> catching viruses any more? Are the MailScanner headers still in the
> mails? What does the log say?

MailScanner is running, and the headers of each message say it found it to
be clean. I just starting noticing that I wasn't getting any of the messages
saying that viruses are found. I also noticed this morning that backup on
our file server is catching viruses on our mail server. ( I have a redhat 8
box that scans mail and sends it off to our exchange server. We have a
separate file server that backs up all our windows boxes)

Jody