HELP - Viruses are not detected

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Sat Mar 8 16:11:13 GMT 2003

| I switched from sendmail to exim,
| could this have to do anything with it?

I saw that when I set up a test machine with exim. It turned out to be a
exim/MS config problem.

First thing, check to see whether or not you're getting any X-MailScanner
headers in messages that get delivered.

If you are, the mail's getting scanned and you have a problem with your
virus scanner or something.

If not, did you read the docs about setting up MS with exim? You can't just
drop in exim and have MS work with it like it did with sendmail. You didn't
mention anything about your configuration, so it's difficult to diagnose
what the problem might be.

I'd be happy to help if you can give some more details on your setup.

Steve