HELP - Viruses are not detected

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Sat Mar 8 14:44:38 GMT 2003

Hi,

I just noticed something very strange: the filename.rules.conf is not
obeyed and no viruses are caught (tested with EICAR). This is incoming
and outgoing... I first noticed this with 4.13-3. Could this be a bug?

My config should be ok.

Virus Scanning = yes
Virus Scanners = mcafee f-prot
Filename Rules = /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/filename.rules.conf
Virus Scanner Definitions =
/usr/local/MailScanner/etc/virus.scanners.conf

This is the virus.scanners.conf:

# This is a list of the names of the virus scanning engines, along with
the
# filename of the command or script to run to invoke each one.
sophos          /opt/MailScanner/lib/sophos-wrapper
f-prot          /usr/local/MailScanner/lib/f-prot-wrapper
mcafee          /usr/local/MailScanner/lib/mcafee-wrapper
rav             /opt/MailScanner/lib/rav-wrapper
kaspersky       /opt/MailScanner/lib/kaspersky-wrapper
panda           /opt/MailScanner/lib/panda-wrapper
f-secure        /opt/MailScanner/lib/f-secure-wrapper
clamav          /opt/MailScanner/lib/clamav-wrapper
trend           /opt/MailScanner/lib/trend-wrapper
antivir         /usr/lib/Antivir/antivir
none            /bin/false

I checked this and running /usr/local/MailScanner/lib/mcafee-wrapper on
the eicar test file works and reports this as a virus.

What am I missing here? I switched from sendmail to exim, could this
have to do anything with it?

Help please,
  Jan-Peter