sendmail changing messages after MailScanner finishes...

John Goggan jgoggan at DCG.COM
Sat Mar 8 06:26:15 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> Try applying this patch to SMDiskStore.pm. It sets the umask again just
> before writing the files.

Remember, I was running an old version of MailScanner -- v3.something.  There
was no SMDiskStore.pm in that version.  :)  So, I couldn't test your patch,
sorry.

However, I did rollback to sendmail v8.11.5 that was working fine before and
found that I STILL had the problem.  It was therefore my upgrading of
SpamAssassin that seemed to cause the problem.  I finally took the time to do
sendmail right (I've been using an old style sendmail.cf forever without a
matching .mc file) -- I started from scratch with a clean mc and have sendmail
running as recommend with 8.12.8.  I then installed the latest MailScanner.

And, now, everything is working just great!  So, I'm all set now.  Just needed
to take the time to upgrade everything instead of doing it piecemeal...
Thanks for your help!

 - John...