MIME-tools

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 16:36:52 GMT 2003

At 16:16 07/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I know this is an old one... but I have a couple of doubts about MIME-tools.
>
>For what I read, I don't want new versions of it, fine.
>
>When I browse in CPAN, I find 2 versions:
>5.411a (dated 16/11/2001)
>5.411 (dated 5/6/2001)
>
>I download them both... and find no difference, whatsoever (diff -rc)
>
>Is that a packaging problem? anybody knows?

Can't remember. Start from 5.411a as it says on mailscanner.info and then
apply the 4 patches.

>The other thing I see is that you provide 4 important security patches at:
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mime-tools-patch.txt
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mime-tools-patch2.txt
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mime-tools-patch3.txt
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mime-tools-patch4.txt
>
>Now, why don't you combine them into just one? like the one I'm attaching?
>The result should be the same and it's easier to do, isn't it?

Because they were all written at different times. If I made them into 1
patch, then it would possibly fail because some patches had been previously
applied and some hadn't. There is method in my madness (somewhere)....
--
Julian Field