MailScanner and Horde/IMP

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Fri Mar 7 12:17:46 GMT 2003

Krishna,

I don't know Horde/IMP personally - but the reason that your mail isn't
being scanned is because Horde/IMP is invoking sendmail directly which puts
the mail into /var/spool/mqueue and therefore doesn't get scanned.

You should change the cofiguration to use SMTP, and set the server address
to 127.0.0.1 - this will then get picked up by mailscanner.  Alternativly -
you _might_ be able to change the sendmail_path to 'usr/sbin/sendmail
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in' which also might do the trick.

Regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna [mailto:Krishna_shekhar at GMX.NET]
Sent: 07 March 2003 23:23
To: MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: MailScanner and Horde/IMP

Hi,
        I installed MailScanner on my RedHat 7.3 box running Horde/IMP cvs
version.
When I send mails through Outlook or Eudora , the mails get scanned by
MailScanner, does both Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam checks.
But when I send through Horde/IMP mailscanner does not get executed. The
mails goes without a scan via sendmail.

Why is this happening?

My horde configuration conf.php

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
  $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' =>
'/usr/sbin/sendmail');

regards
Krishna
http://www.KrisinDigitalAge.com