sendmail changing messages after MailScanner finishes...

John Goggan jgoggan at DCG.COM
Fri Mar 7 02:59:12 GMT 2003

I just discovered that sendmail is doing this because the files are being put
into the mqueue dir by MailScanner as mode 666.  sendmail seems to see this
and changes them to Qf.  If I change them to 600 -- sendmail then properly
delivers them on the next pass through the queue.

So -- now my question is: why does MailScanner put them there as 666?  They
were 600 when they were in mqueue.in.  Is there some option to change this
easily?

Thanks!

 - John...