Fwd: Re: SA2.50 problems...

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 21:27:50 GMT 2003

At 17:11 05/03/2003, you wrote:
>If you are still having problems with SpamAssassin 2.50 hanging, even with
>my patch, then do this:
>
>>From: Daniel Bird <dbird at sghms.ac.uk>
>>Subject: Re: SA2.50 problems...
>>To: Julian Field <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
>>
>>Julian,
>>
>>For info,
>>left "Use Spamassassin = yes" in MailScanner.conf but added
>>"use_bayes 0" to spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>>
>>and MailScanner + SA2.50 are running quite happily now.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Dan
>
>I have posted a huge great message to the SAtalk list about this problem.
>Something *very* strange is happening, and I haven't got to the bottom of
>it yet. It's all connected to file locking and the bayes database, just
>like the previous problem with it, but this one is a lot more strange....
>
>If anything interesting comes up on SAtalk, I'll be sure to tell you all.

This appears to have been fixed in the CVS of 2.60. Go to
http://spamassassin.taint.org/downloads.html
and download the CVS of 2.60. Install that (you don't need my SA2.50.patch
at all).

Also you should install "DB_File" using CPAN, and delete any .dir/.pag
files in ~root/.spamassassin.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

I have been running this for 4 hours on a mail server that had problems
with the patched-2.50 code, and the CVS2.60 code is still running fine.
Previously it would have shown up in a very few minutes. Don't forget to
comment out the "use_bayes" line, you don't need it any more.
--
Julian Field