Fwd: Re: SA2.50 problems...

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 17:11:55 GMT 2003

If you are still having problems with SpamAssassin 2.50 hanging, even with
my patch, then do this:

>From: Daniel Bird <dbird at sghms.ac.uk>
>Subject: Re: SA2.50 problems...
>To: Julian Field <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
>
>Julian,
>
>For info,
>left "Use Spamassassin = yes" in MailScanner.conf but added
>"use_bayes 0" to spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
>and MailScanner + SA2.50 are running quite happily now.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dan

I have posted a huge great message to the SAtalk list about this problem.
Something *very* strange is happening, and I haven't got to the bottom of
it yet. It's all connected to file locking and the bayes database, just
like the previous problem with it, but this one is a lot more strange....

If anything interesting comes up on SAtalk, I'll be sure to tell you all.
--
Julian Field