MailScanner Error Message

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Thu Mar 6 15:27:28 GMT 2003

I'm not expert on sendmail or sasl but... sasl is an authentication layer (a
library) used by sendmail for authenticating of users via SMTP-AUTH (and
maybe for other things?).

sasl can be configured to use a user database in /etc/sasldb instead of
/etc/passwd or /etc/shadow (I guess it's the default)...

Most security aware software is rather picky with it's own configuration
files ownership and permissions... since it's complaining that /etc/sasldb is
readable by the group, you should try the following:
chmod 600 /etc/sasldb

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby