SA and Bayes

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Mar 6 08:36:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

somehow I get the impression that my SA/MS setup does not use bayes.
These are the relevant entries of my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file:

auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
auto_whitelist_file_mode   0666

bayes_path                 /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode            0666

auto_learn 1

use_bayes 1

bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamCheck

This is what a check_bayes_db tells me:

0.000        0        0        0  non-token data: db format = on-the-fly
probs, expiry, scan-counting
0.000        0      209        0  non-token data: nspam
0.000        0     2320        0  non-token data: nham
0.000        0        0        0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000        0        0        0  non-token data: oldest age
0.000        0     4505        0  non-token data: current scan-count
0.000        0        0        0  non-token data: last expiry scan-count

--- snipp ---

If I interpret this correctly I have 209 spam and 2320 nonspam messages
learned successfully. And as far as I can see both sa-learn and
auto_learn seem to work. BUT: I never saw a single mail (spam and
nospam) with a BAYES_ tag in the SpamAssassin score.

Any ideas?

Regards,
   JP