Sendmail before MailScanner

Radu IONESCU iradu at UNITBV.RO
Wed Mar 5 20:50:06 GMT 2003

Yet, this is my problem too. I wish MailScanner would be able to handle. Our
gateway accepts daily thousands of messages, just to receive in turn a 550
user unknown from the internal mail hubs. This messages are generated in our
case by SPAM, pretending to be generated by our university domain...

The best would be to reject the message before enters the queue, but this is
a Sendmail problem I can hardly handle (LDAP routing?).
However, a rule something like this would help a lot:
drop all messages containing in the body a line with
would stop the chain reaction for each of this messages (thousands of
postmaster notify, returned message, etc. in the root mailbox).
Can this be put in sendmail "acces" db? Or in  SpamAssassin's?
Thank you,

Radu IONESCU
Sys Mgr, Univ TRANSILVANIA Brasov