version 4.13-3 and system load

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 12:34:43 GMT 2003

At 12:33 05/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hi Julian,

What about the MailScanner.conf file? I would recommend my new
upgrade_MailScanner_conf script to help with this.

> > At 12:22 05/03/2003, you wrote:
> > >I upgraded to version 4.13-3 from version 4.12 on our three mail hubs
> > >yesterday and today,  and on all machinces I am seeing a vastly increased
> > >system load. All three machines are Sun machines running Solaris. Has
>anyone
> > >else seen this? I am wondering if the new version changes the way that
> > >Sophos (our virus scanner) is called via the wrapper scripts.

The communication with the -wrapper scripts hasn't changed at all, so all I
can suggest is that your configuration is different from what you intended.
As someone else suggested, have you got a different "Spam Lists" setting or
a different "Max Children" setting?
--
Julian Field