postfix compatability?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Mar 4 06:40:54 GMT 2003

"Leland J. Steinke" <steinkel at PA.NET> wrote:

>look in /etc/postfix/README_FILES/FILTER_README.  You can pipe to external
>processes from within postfix to handle content filtering (this is what we do;
>actually we invoke a program that converts the messages from postfix queue files
>into queue files that MailScanner will understand).  You can spawn multiple
>daemon processes to speak on non-standard ports (this is what is discussed in
>the FILTER_README).  Or, you could just set up exim on non-standard ports and
>let postfix forward to that port; exim could then send the processed messages
>back on a different port for postfix to handle final queueing and delivery.
>Anyway, the master.cf file is absolutely key to getting filtering to work with
>postfix, however you choose to do it.

A very vague thought about how MailScanner would fit into a Postfix setup
from someone who knows almost nothing about Postfix: Since all messages
in Postfix go through the cleanup process before they get to the main
queue, and since the cleanup process is not a million miles away from
a kind of MailScanner-lite, perhaps that's where MailScanner should plug
in to Postfix.

Tony.
WEST FITZROY: SOUTHWEST VEERING WEST OR NORTHWEST 5 TO 7, DECREASING 3 OR 4
LATER. RAIN THEN SHOWERS. MODERATE OR POOR BECOMING GOOD.