MS vs. Trend

S Mohan smohan at vsnl.com
Tue Mar 4 02:22:04 GMT 2003

1. Speed of fixes and response.
2. Do many things that we cannot without major sendmail hacking
        E.g. User based archive (alternative is using per user procmail
- not so easy -:))
        Add disclaimer notice.
        Create different outgoing queues depending on priorities/ users/
groups etc.
3. Multiple scanners. Trend would only allow its own.
4. in MS architecture, since sendmail receives mail, all sendmail based
authentication, features etc is implemented while in Trend Micro's case,
it is an SMTP server - can it match sendmail's features? Why compromise?
Get the best MTA and the best scanner GW.
5. Trend Micro means another machine investment, maintenance etc....
6. Trend Micro costing is per user mailbag/ email id based. We can have
F-Prot on a server basis in here.

If you could Julian's name and commitment on top of the list, it would
be the icing on the cake.

My 2 paise worth..

Mohan