MS vs. Trend

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 20:07:18 GMT 2003

At 19:58 03/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I'm faced with making a "business case" of "mailscanner+some commercial av"
>against trend micro "complete antivirus/antispam/whatever solution"... I
>wonder if anyone out there have some input for it...

Short of simply comparing the price, I can probably produce some evidence
tomorrow in the office. I have the white paper that MessageLabs released
describing why you should use their service. If you knock off the price of
their service, you end up with even bigger savings.

Have you any more info on what I should be concentrating? The more info the
better.

The price is easily taken care of. F-Prot is very good and costs $300 per
server, + the cost of a little PC to run it all on. How much have you been
quoted for Trend Micro's system? Feel free to mail me off-list to stop
numbers becoming public knowledge.
--
Julian Field