Spamassassin 2.50 & MailScanner 4.13-3 Problems

SUBSCRIBE MAILSCANNER Anonymous mailscanner at HRSERVERS.COM
Sun Mar 2 16:05:32 GMT 2003

Spamassassin 2.50 & MailScanner 4.13-3 Problems...

Well lets see to start with our server specs are...
RH Linux 7.2
Ensim Webppliance 3.16-1
Sendmail
MailScanner 4.13-3
Spamassassin 2.50

Running mailscanner with spamassassin on would put an extreme load on the
server with the mailscanner processes using up 17-25% cpu. I also tried
this with mailscanner 4.12-2 and had the same result. Apparently some
where along the way there is either a major problem with spamassassin 2.50
or mailscanner when using spamassassin.

However the spamassassin patch on your site (http://mailscanner.info) did
correct this problem (load dropped to nearly nothing) but I wonder while
using that is that going to hinder spamassassin's fuctionality? Also is
this going to be fixed in a future version?