Sobig-E and McAfee uvscan - intermittent failure to find Sobig-E

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Mon Jun 30 17:41:41 IST 2003

Denis

After a spate of these exceptions I restarted MailScanner and in the 2 hours subsequent to that I have seen no more instances of McAfee missing the presence of Sobig-E in a message.

Will keep monitoring and let you know if I see it again.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."