SpamAssassin 2.55 problem

Paul zen23003 at ZEN.CO.UK
Mon Jun 30 00:04:16 IST 2003

Hi James

Yes, I had a search on through the message archive before rejoining the
list and I recall seeing your prevous thread.

Interesting that 2.50 was working fine for you because that was the
release that had Bayesian filtering added, so you would have thought
2.50 would have been the one to cause problems.

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Pifer" <mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM>
Sent: 29 June 2003 23:20
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin 2.55 problem

> We had this same issue this past week and had a separate thread going
> about it. (Mail getting stuck in We're running on a PIII
> Ghz with 512 meg of RAM. With SpamAssassin 2.50.x everything was fine,
> handling about 15K-20K messages a day with no problem. When we
> to 2.55, very few messages would get delivered, just stuck in
> If we disabled Spam Checks it would run fine. We ended up downgrading
> back to 2.50 and we're back to normal. Of those having this problem,
> anyone has success with a fix/workaround, can you let me know (if not
> the list).
> We are going to try and increase the RAM too, but it seems odd to be
> running perfectly well with 2.50, upgrade to 2.55, and then be
> dead in the water. (we did add Pyzor and Razor, but disabling them did
> not make a difference, and they run fine with 2.50)

More information about the MailScanner mailing list