SpamAssassin 2.55 problem

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Sun Jun 29 23:20:33 IST 2003

We had this same issue this past week and had a separate thread going
about it. (Mail getting stuck in mqueue.in). We're running on a PIII 1.7
Ghz with 512 meg of RAM. With SpamAssassin 2.50.x everything was fine,
handling about 15K-20K messages a day with no problem. When we upgraded
to 2.55, very few messages would get delivered, just stuck in mqueue.in.

If we disabled Spam Checks it would run fine. We ended up downgrading
back to 2.50 and we're back to normal. Of those having this problem, if
anyone has success with a fix/workaround, can you let me know (if not
the list).

We are going to try and increase the RAM too, but it seems odd to be
running perfectly well with 2.50, upgrade to 2.55, and then be basically
dead in the water. (we did add Pyzor and Razor, but disabling them did
not make a difference, and they run fine with 2.50)

Thanks,
James