editing filename.rules.conf and restarting MS

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 20:40:32 IST 2003

The key to remember if you kill MailScanner at all (pretty much anything
except a "reload") is that MailScanner can take several seconds to die. So
if you kill it and then instantly re-run it, it won't restart properly.
The reason it takes some time is that it tries to clear up nicely and not
leave a mess of temporary files lying around your system.

--
Julian Field