editing filename.rules.conf and restarting MS

Support support at IQUEST.UCSB.EDU
Fri Jun 27 18:36:18 IST 2003

Hi,

 I edited the filename.rules.conf file to filter sobig attatchments and
killed the pid listed by check_MailScanner then ran check_MailScanner again
to restart it but, the attatchments are still getting through.  How do I
correctly restart MailScanner(rpm install v 4.21-9)? I also killed the
MailScanner pid and ran 'service MailScanner start' but that didn't work
either.

these are the rules I added.

deny    ^your_details\.zip?$     Possibly Sobig-E virus
deny    ^application\.zip?$      Possibly Sobig-E virus
deny    ^document\.zip?$         Possibly Sobig-E virus
deny    ^screensaver\.zip?$      Possibly Sobig-E virus
deny    ^Movie\.zip?$            Possibly Sobig-E virus

thanx,

Jose Guevarra
Systems Administrator
iQUEST