Symantec AntiVirus Command Line Scanner

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Jun 27 15:39:35 IST 2003

> Nope. It's regular Unix compiled stuff.

Thanks for that info.

> When did you hear about this? This is OLD.  The Command Line Scanner
> is really nothing more than a single executable and a config file.
> Its the Carrier Scan which is the real scanner, and they have EOL'ed
> it.

I came accross it today when looking at their site (we're considering moving to Norton/ Symantec, mainly due to preferred supplier issues within our group)  I don't remember seeing it when I looked previously (although I may well have been looking in a different place, such as just at the Norton branded products).  I guess the support for RH6.2 probably should have tipped me off about its age!  Anyway... my original question still stands, has anyone got any experience with this product wither with or without mailscanner?

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.