MailScanner and VNC

Rodrigo Scarano rscarano at targetsis.com.br
Thu Jun 26 12:21:13 IST 2003

Hello all,
I work with remote support and I usualy access some clients with VNC. In
this case, my client have the VNC server instaled on a Windows NT and I make
a connection using VNC Viewer on a machine with Win9x.  In the middle of the
way I have a Linux (Red Hat 7.2) that makes the gateway to access the
Internet.

A few days ago I've instaled MailScanner on my Linux and works very well
with sendmail and McAfee. After that, I don't know why, when I try to
connect my customers using VNC, it's works VERY SLOW (slower than a dial up
connection).  I don't know if its a coincidence, but before installing
MailScanner, the connections used to work well (fast).

The strange fact is when I use Terminal Server (Windows 2000) to access the
clients works fast.

Does anybody knows what may be going on ? (please mail me).

Thanks for any suggestion.

Rodrigo Scarano
Target Sistemas
http://www.targetsis.com.br/