Port 25

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Wed Jun 25 14:20:06 IST 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:14:57AM -0500, Steve Douglas wrote:
> Once I have MailScanner open is port 25 remain open remain open?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Maybe you need more
coffee; I know _I_ do.

MailScanner itself doesn't open or close, or use, for that matter,
TCP port 25.

It depends on one instance of an MTA putting mail in a disk directory,
and another instance of an MTA reading mail from a different disk
directory. It reads mail files from the first directory, modifies the
files in accordance with some rules and the results of program calls,
and writes the (possibly modified) files in the second directory.

Or that's the way I see it, anyway.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx