Virus not getting cleaned

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Tue Jun 24 15:55:13 IST 2003

OK, here's my problem:

I have hacked in support for Symantec Virus scanning in version 4.10-1
and using it in production.

I wanted upgrade to the latest and greatest (4.20-3), but the code has
changed just enough to make my hacking not work right.  Scanning works,
and I even get logging that the viruses are found, but them it delivers
it as uninfected with no other error or report.

I am at a loss.  Where in the code does MS go from reading the output of
the virus scanner, to deciding to remove or do anything to the
attachment?

And Julian, I'd give you my liver if you really need it, but I'd like to
keep it for a while longer.  How about a nice kidney?  i don't really
need two...  Or an eye?  Who needs depth perception when monitors are
flat?
--
Thomas DuVally
Lead Sys. Prog.