mis-marked spam messages

Tom Sevy tsevy at EPX.COM
Wed Jun 18 21:55:38 IST 2003

At 21:33 18/06/2003, you wrote:

>At 21:12 18/06/2003, you wrote:

> >Can messages that inadvertantly end up in /var/spool/mqueue/Spam/new
folder

> >be simply moved or copied to another location to be reprocessed?

>If you are storing them as raw queue files, then you can simply move them

>back into MailScanner's incoming queue.

>--

>Can you (Julian) tell me how to determine if they are in the raw queue file

>format?

There is an option in MailScanner.conf that sets this. Look for "Raw" or

"Queue" and you'll find it.

>The file names appear to be listed as 1055815268.5820_0.uxbr where .uxbr is

>the local host name.

That's odd, what is creating those filenames? Which MTA are you using?

--

sendmail

What has lead to this is that I'm not getting well over half my incoming
email.  I just looked and see about 80 files in the
/var/spool/mqueue/Spam/new directory....