Mail processing from CustomConfig

Russ russ at FASTWEBWORK.COM
Wed Jun 18 21:45:25 IST 2003

Julian,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually, what I am attempting to do is a proof of concept for permission
based white listing on a per user basis.  I.e, if the mail gets to Non Spam
Actions
then MailScanner (and spamassassin, DCC, razor2) thinks it's ham.  This
traps
better than 99% of the spam but there are those users that simple want
*none*.
So, in order to occomodate them I'd like to implement a mechanism to where I
store the message in a data store, send a "reply to this" tagged email to
the sender
and when I get a reply back (if I do) then put the mail back into the loop
to be
delivered.  There are products out there (TDMA comes to mind) that do this
but I *like* MailScanner and want to provide the permission stuff only for
those
users that want it.  I have no idea if I can accomplish this within the
confines of
the CustomConfig.pm code as I refuse to touch anything else.

So the real question is can I do this?  I don't want to waste my time (or
the good
folks on this list's time) if it is not feasible.

Thanks..

russ....